“What you seem to be, be really.― Ben Franklin, 1744
1. Buy candy you hate.
2. Place all consumed wrappers in a glass bowl
3. Give out non-candy items such as cowbells/whistles/play dough/tattoo/stickers/Glowsticks etc
4. Remind self that fun size is adult size after 3 of them.
5. Decide to become the kind of person who doesn’t eat Halloween candy
- Don’t rely on willpower- it weakens and is unreliable. Tie it to your identity
6. Determine what might really nourish you and do that.
- Call an old friend, nature walk, clean closet, beautiful meal, massage etc.
- Start a 30-day challenge this month to eliminate sugar
7. Write about all the reasons the candy is calling to you- then declare they are all BS and won’t help achieve anything worthwhile.
8. Decide that you want to control everything that comes into your body.
9. Visualize your blood glucose level skyrocketing, then turning your liver fatty, your insulin release will lock down your fat cells, adding to and imprisoning body fat.
10. Remind yourself that sugar is the new tobacco. It rises triglycerides and your risk of heart disease and obesity.
11. Eliminate by adding it to the NONSENSE category, along with the frenemies, sleep deprivation and impulsive drive thru fast food eating.
12. Decide you are worth more than eating junk, expect more of yourself.
13. Move to Europe where they don’t really do Halloween.